Research Survey Paper 2019
Securing Internet Voting Protocol using Implicit Security Model and One Time Password
This paper gives a cramped view about a web-enabled application which has been originated and called Internet Voting System using Implicit Data Security which enhances security involving Login System & One Time Password. To brief more about Internet Voting System, this was being created in a more conventional way which was displayed as a dynamic website limited to users only on the computer or laptops but this is now being restructured to expand its usage to mobile users as well so that people can install it on their phones which will expand the volume of remote cast & increase the count of voters. These probable voters could be physically challenged, elder citizens, armed forces, youth and NRI’s who are eligible to cast their votes.
Keywords- Internet Voting System, Implicit Data Security, One Time Password, Login System.
A. The proposed model for Client Side is as follows :
Internet voting system is the most commonly used programme in all counties that’s the reason the client-side
the template has been created so generic and also the usability is high so that the leman user may also take advantage
of it without facing any trouble.
1) First of all, user have to enter the registered mobile number.
2) An OTP will be sent to registered mobile number also he can proceed only after inflowing that OTP.
3) If he enters approved OTP, he will be able to progress and then a login page will appear that will ask for
user’s id and password.
4) User should be able to cast a ballot only if he enters the right password
5) Id diverse phases are integrated with this proposed
model such as Registration Phase, Login Phase and many more that will be done in a conventional manner.
B. The proposed model of Server Side is as follows :
1) Segregate each cast secret ballot into m or more pieces such that each Server stored one of the pieces.
2) This eliminates the worry of entrusting any Server with all polls and if anyone try to cheat by deleting some of the cast ballots from any server, then the votes should be recreated using abide partitions.
3) Such a system implicitly provides a back-up for the votes. Also, help in eliminating the process of Cryptography which is very time-consuming.
In this paper, the proposed technique may be proved valuable in terms of security; authentication as well as it will save bandwidth of network as via One Time Passwordprior to Login phase will guarantee the legitimacy of the user to a great extent and further Login phase will serve the security purpose. Also, this paper concludes that our proposed method of replacing Cryptographic technique by implicit data storage for securing data leads to load balancing.